The first several hours of the course require only the R program, so the top priority is to get to step 3.
- If you need to install R, copy the appropriate installer from the 'R-program' folder of the thumb drive to your hard drive.
- Copy the appropriate folder ('mac', 'windows', or 'linux') from the thumb drive to your hard drive.
- Pass the thumb drive to the next person.
- If you need to install R, double-click on the installer you copied in step 1.
- Start R, e.g., by double clicking on the installed program icon.
- On Windows, use the menu 'Packages > Install package(s) from local zip' to navigate to the folder you copied, select all files, and click OK. On other operating systems, type a command like:
install.packages(repos="file:///path/to/copied/folder")select all available files in the resulting pop-up window, and click OK.
If you have problems, let one of the course instructors know.